Wednesday 23 May 2007

Farewell, Sweet Prince -10 May 2005

With KGA performing faultlessly and the Rover gathering dust, it was time to tempt fate and get rid of the backup vehicle.

As it had started pouring oil from the engine, overheating on small journeys and refusing to start without being coaxed, the Rover went onto eBay with no reserve and £1 to start:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170110829222&rd=1&rd=1

Despite the frighteningly honest listing, it went on 10th May and was picked up on the 12th. I was happy with the price and the buyer (a Rover mechanic) was happy with the car. Great success.

Since then it's just been me and KGA. And my bicycle. And I'll be bringing my Vespa out of retirement, just in case.

No comments: