Sunday 2 September 2007

TODO Improvements - Seat belts

I'm sure the classic three-point linkage in the Amazon is perfectly safe if it's properly adjusted. But it's difficult to adjust, so no-one does it, so in reality it's probably as good as useless. I'm intending to replace the front belts with proper retractable seatbelts, and add a pair to the rear as well.

After much reading around on the 'net, it seems belts from a 240 will do nicely. I trawled through the local and less-local scrapyards and got nowhere though. I suppose I could look again when the fever takes me, but the good people at Scandcar supply new reel belts which'll fit the Amazon.

Retractable front seat belts are currently listed at 75 euro, and retractable rear seat belts at 35 euro. They come with all the necessary bits and bolts, and the Amazon seemingly has anchor points for rear belts. Should be next on the list.

No comments: